Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Hakuna Matata Breakfast Frittata


Hakuna Matata Breakfast Frittata
Ain't no passin' phrase!
It means no worries, for the rest of your days.
Breakfast - problem free, with eggs and cheese...
Hakuna Matata, Breakfast Frittata!
I love this recipe, because it is easy and simple. You can make it plain or dress it up. When I make it for the kids, I make it plain, but I think adding some sauteed mushrooms, red onions & swiss cheese would make it even better!
Ingredients:
6 eggs
1 cup milk
1 Tbs melted butter (I subbed 1 Tbs of the leftover grease from the bacon instead of the butter - bad me!)
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 cup finely diced ham or crumbled bacon
1 cup shredded cheddar
Beat the eggs, milk, salt & pepper. Pour it into a greased 9x9 pan. Sprinkle with ham or bacon and then the cheese. Bake at 350F for about 25-30 minutes or until knife inserted near the middle comes out clean. Serves 5-6.

No comments:

Post a Comment