Wednesday, March 21, 2012
I like trying different ingredients and combinations, but this particular green one is my mainstay. It is sweet and really doesn't taste like spinach at all.
2 bananas, peeled
1 apple, cored & cut into chunks
2 cups fresh spinach
1/2 cup crushed ice
1/2 cup water
Blend until smooth & creamy. Serves 2.
Sometimes I add a few tablespoons of oatmeal and a pinch of cinnamon. It ends up tasting a lot like like an oatmeal cookie. If it's not sweet enough for you, trying adding a teaspoon or two of honey. Enjoy!
Thursday, March 15, 2012
Unfortunately for my waistline, my girl Sugar Baby loves to bake & try new recipes. This one was her latest and it was soooo good. I can turn down sweet breads and cinnamon rolls if I want to, but I cannot say no to good, crusty, savory breads. This one was so fragrant & flavorful that I was really hoping no one else would like it, so I could have it all! Unfortunately, it was popular with them all. The pepper gives it a nice, slight punch.
Sugar Baby found the recipe at our favorite place - allrecipes.com, of course. Here it is:
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary [she used about 2 Tbs fresh]
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select white bread cycle; press Start.
(Sugar Baby used her bread machine to make the dough, but shaped it into a circle and baked it in the oven at 350F until it was golden brown.)
Wednesday, March 7, 2012
Spread these ingredients on a large pan or cookie sheet in this order:
- tortilla chips (about 1 bag, 12 ounces?)
- 2 cups of refried beans
- 1 to 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
Bake at 375F for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the beans are hot. Meanwhile, mix:
- 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce (I use 1/2 of the small cans)
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
Drizzle the sour cream mixture over the hot beans & chips. Top with your favorite toppings, like olives, tomatoes and lettuce.
Very tasty and very easy!