Unfortunately for my waistline, my girl Sugar Baby loves to bake & try new recipes. This one was her latest and it was soooo good. I can turn down sweet breads and cinnamon rolls if I want to, but I cannot say no to good, crusty, savory breads. This one was so fragrant & flavorful that I was really hoping no one else would like it, so I could have it all! Unfortunately, it was popular with them all. The pepper gives it a nice, slight punch.
Sugar Baby found the recipe at our favorite place - allrecipes.com, of course. Here it is:
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary [she used about 2 Tbs fresh]
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select white bread cycle; press Start.
(Sugar Baby used her bread machine to make the dough, but shaped it into a circle and baked it in the oven at 350F until it was golden brown.)