Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Like the Boxed Stuff Pancakes



There is a certain someone living in my house who is a pancake snob. To protect the guilty, I won't name any names, but while the kids and I willingly eat a variety of homemade, whole wheat, oatmeal, etc... pancakes, this person repeatedly tries to sneak home boxes of Aunt Jemima or (gasp!) Hungry Jack.


However, this certain nameless someone does like this recipe. It produces fluffy white pancakes, just like Jemima's and Jack's. I found the recipe on allrecipes and once again, tweaked it to suit our tastes. Enjoy!


Ingredients:

3 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
3 Tbs sugar
3 eggs
2 to 2 1/2 cups buttermilk*
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla


Mix dry ingredients. Stir in remaining ingredients and mix until smooth. If you want thinner pancakes, just add a little more milk to make the batter runnier. Brown on both sides on a hot, greased griddle. Serves 8 generously.



*I rarely have buttermilk on hand, so I substitute regular milk mixed with 2-3 tsp of lemon juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment