Mmmm... This pie was so good! I found the recipe at allrecipes (surprise, surprise) and changed it a little (surprise, suprise) and discovered a simple, yet richly delicious dessert!
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix sugar and cocoa together. Beat the eggs then add to the cocoa mixture. Beat in the milk, butter and vanilla.
- Pour mixture into 9 inch unbaked pie shell and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 - 55 minutes or until set. (The middle will be slightly jiggly until it cools & sets.) Let cool before slicing.